Subject: RE: Bookmarking Help

RE: Bookmarking Help

From: Benoit Midy <bmidy_at_guddland.lu>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:08:28 +0000 (BST)

Hi,

Firstly I want to thnaks the people who contribute to make this first code for the bookmark.

And now some comments about the way to make it :

        - I think that the idea to store all the .BMF files in one place could make some problem for people having duplicates filenames.

A simple example (like me) is people who carry about Audio Book, or Audio Tapes numerized to mp3, it is often store as : 1A , 1B .... 24A , 24B where 1A stands for the tape number 1 face A ...

So I think we could make it as an option for the bookmark settings menu:
  + Bookmark Settings
            + Bookmark files place : [in 1 place / in the same dir as the mp3 bookmarked file]
            + AutoBookmark
         + ..
                 + ..
            + ..

               - Another idea is to make it possible to get a bookmark menu through the F3 key :
It will display a screen menu with many choice :
          - Create New Bookmark
          - Bookmark 1
          - Bookmark 2

Where "Create New Bookmark" will be the first entry the screen list to create a new bookmark entry for the file actually playing.
This new entry will be automatically increments by 1

And the other list entry in this "Bookmark Screen" will be the actually bookmarks for the file that is playing.

The bookmark file could be names excatly like the mp3 file with the extension .BMF.
its format will be 1 line per bookmark entries.

PS: please comment it, I think we could make it very user friendly (popup-menu !!)