Subject: RE: Code for moving a file on disk
From: Matthew P. OReilly (
Date: 2003-01-14

A move in any case is simply a copy and delete, or a reassigning of the
entry in the FAT if the bits themselves don't need to be moved. (That's why
it takes so much longer to move across disks than to move on a single disk.)

I would assume that if we have file writing capability, it can be used to
move as well, but I *don't* know if it's been coded to allow for separate
use. Linus?