Subject: Re: Buffer Underrun
From: gerald clark (gerald_clark_at_mindspring.com)
Date: 2003-01-14

In view of your explanation, I have re-tested.

I wait for the drive to spin down before playing the MP3.
This assures a spin-up to get a proper water mark.

The watermark value is the same, no matter
what anti-skip is set to.
It always appears as A410.
I stop playing, and wait for the drive to spin down.
I play the file again, and the watermark includes
anti-skip time.

The water mark value does not include anti-skip
time until the 2nd spinup.
At this point, the buffer has underrun.

--
Gerald L. Clark

Aero TerraTrike #1 http://www.wizwheelz.com/images/clarkaerotrike1.jpg

Member: Sky Soaring

Illinois, U.S.A.

Archos Recorder JBR20101 1.28 0x302 positive 0x200 positive 11.0592