Subject: Re: RAM size: 8MB (who uses less than that?)

Re: RAM size: 8MB (who uses less than that?)

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:46:08 +0100 (MET)

Hello Matthias,
> > So far there is only one person who has done the ram mod, that I'm aware
> of...
>
> ... and that's me ... ;-)
crazy guy :)
kewl project ! Wow!

> I hope I can finally raise the number of people having this modification
> applied to their unit by presenting my newly created web-page about it:
> http://waechter.wiz.at/~matthias/Rockbox/HW-Mod/8MB/
> Please let me know your opinion about it.
Very nice description !

> available. I hope to find someone taking all three devices and again
> shipping the unused parts to the next volunteer and so on. But don't
> hurry, let's talk about this next week.
ok. maybe i`m crazy enough then, doing the mod, too :D

Matthias, could you tell us about your experiences regarding battery-runtime
?
Can you give some calculated and some "real-world-experience" regarding that
?
How much power does the 2MB/8MB DRAM need ?

If I do get only 1h more of runtime - then I think it`s not worth doing the
mod for me -
buying 2100mah Cells will be better then.
But if runtime doubles??? triples??? - I think this mod could be worth the
risk :)

regards
Roland