Subject: Re: Xing headers optional? Re: Record bug?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (
Date: 2003-01-15

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Ok, I'm now trespassing in an area where Linus is the expert and I am but a
> novice.

How dare you? :-)

> I'm not sure how we are (or rather Linus is) going to make the header.

I have written a function that scans the entire file and creates the
Xing header at the beginning of the file. The recording function will
allocate free space in the beginning of the file for this, as well as
space for ID3V2 tags.

The code is almost ready, on my computer at home. :-(

This function will also be available to run on any VBR file without a
header. I will make it configurable to run automatically when pressing
STOP when recording.