Subject: Re: Creating fonts for Win1250
From: Jiri Jurecek (jjure_at_seznam.cz)
Date: 2003-01-15

Dne 10.1.2003 19:12:13, Bjrn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se> jste napsal:

>Jiri Jurecek wrote:
>> I created font in Win-1250 encoding which works in my czech version of menus
>> but czech chars in filenames are bad. Only few czech chars are correct and
>> instead others i can see only spaces or chars from first half of ASCII....
>
>FAT32 filenames are stored in unicode. I'm guessing your czech filenames are using a page other than the first page of unicode, which is the only page Rockbox supports right now.
>
>Maybe you can run a disk editor/viewer and hexdump a dir sector with czech filenames for us to look at?

Here is partial hexdump from root directory. I don't know if it will be usefull.If it is useless please describe
exactly what will help you. We propably use page 0 of Unicode - it seems to be Western/Central Europe.

In this hexdump are 2 files and 2 dirs with names:
AJBREC.AJZ - file
?? - directory
??1 - directory
and deleted file build.lng
>--
>Bjrn

  • application/octet-stream attachment: stored