Subject: Re: Creating fonts for Win1250
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-16

Jiri Jurecek wrote:
> Here is partial hexdump from root directory. I don't know if it will be
> usefull.

It is useful, but a bit depressing.

> We propably use page 0 of Unicode - it seems to be Western/Central Europe.

No you use page 1 of Unicode, which unfortunately has no direct mapping to ISO 8859-2 (CP1252). We will have to find (or create) a translation table.

This is what ISO 8859-2 looks like:
  http://czyborra.com/charsets/iso8859-2.gif

And this is what Unicode Page 1 looks like:
  http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0100.pdf

I actually couldn't find a table of the CP1250/Win1250 charset, but I believe it is just an extended version of the ISO 8859-2 standard.

--
Björn