Subject: Re: Creating fonts for Win1250
From: Greg Haerr (greg_at_censoft.com)
Date: 2003-01-16

> We propably use page 0 of Unicode - it seems to be Western/Central Europe.

> No you use page 1 of Unicode, which unfortunately has no direct mapping to
ISO 8859-2 (CP1252). We will have to find (or create) a translation table.

One way to solve this would be to, just before display, to
convert upper-half 8859-1 to unicode from one table, then
convert back to 8859-2 from unicode, using the font
"default" character from struct font if the glyph doesn't exist.

Currently, all internal rockbox strings/filenames are encoded ISO8859-1.
If this isn't the case, then this above conversion could occur
just as the filename is converted from the directory entry.

I think all the tables we need are in the massive libiconv library,
available from GNU. Two tables can be pulled out and used
directly.

Regards,

Greg