Subject: Re: Creating fonts for Win1250
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-16

Greg Haerr wrote:
> Currently, all internal rockbox strings/filenames are encoded ISO8859-1.
> If this isn't the case, then this above conversion could occur
> just as the filename is converted from the directory entry.

Actually, those translations that require special characters are already using their own codepages with their own font.

I committed a patch for the fat driver that converts filenames from unicode to these different codepages. The only thing we need is to add another conversion for Unicode to ISO 8859-2 to make Juris czech translation work.

> I think all the tables we need are in the massive libiconv library,
> available from GNU. Two tables can be pulled out and used
> directly.

Sounds good. I would prefer a single straight Unicode->ISO 8859-2 table. Any volunteers?

--
Björn