Subject: Re: Bookmark Files

Re: Bookmark Files

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:40:15 +0100

Vincent Kargatis wrote:
> I disagree. Intuitive bookmarks (the old paper kind) work like this:
> you pick up the book, and flip it open to the bookmark in two short,
> single actions - no thought, no parsing. Autobookmarking mimics that
> ease of use.

No. *Resume* mimics that ease of use. Your archos is not a book, it is a library. When reading multiple books, you instert multiple bookmarks.

> I don't see how multi-resume would interfere with bookmark management,
> either.

That is because you mix up the two features. Resume is for returning to where you last shut off. Bookmarks is for returning to a specific user-defined point in a track or playlist.

> I personally will be very disappointed if a natural
> multi-resume/auto-bookmark function is rejected, and replaced with a
> clunky multi-step workaround.

Then convince me. I think your solution is way too complex and confusing.

--
Björn