Subject: RE: Re[2]: Bookmark Files

RE: Re[2]: Bookmark Files

From: Stuart Tedford <stuart.tedford_at_piresearch.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:08:54 -0000

No, it isn't too late for me. I hacked some playlist generation scripts to
create the playlists in a directory of my choice. My mp3 directories are
still totally mp3.

I guess my point is that I don't only ever want to use RockBox to play my
mp3s. As you know it doubles as an external harddrive, so I can connect it
to my PC and play the mp3's from there, and soon my new USB host enabled
PocketPC when it arrives. Imagine if every application I used to play my
mp3s generated its own floater files in my mp3 directory tree, it would be a
big mess.

I think these floater files are bad practice, for any application, and only
really exist becasue of lazy programmers (like me :-). At least with
RockBox we have the opportunity to avoid them. I know, I know, "show me the
code". But at this early stage, how hard is it to knock up a couple of
basic floater file functions:

FILE *OpenFloatFile(int accessType, char *pFullBaseFileName, char
*pFloatFileExt);

and

bool CloseFloatFile(FILE *floatFileHandle);

Stu.