Subject: Re: record bug perhaps and suggestion

Re: record bug perhaps and suggestion

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:34:15 +0100

jo wrote:
> I am resending this as it did not appear first time.
> Hi, first of all thanx for all the work on rocbox, its great! I have just
> had a quick play with the recording function in todays daily build (17 jan
> 03) and there seems to be a bug in which the numbers indicatiing the length
> of file and the time used do not coincide, say a just recorded file is said
> to be 8 seconds long, the amount played time is 10 secs, I am pretty sure
> this is the case, I dont see so well so could be wrong but have checked a
> few times.

I think I have answered this question a hundred times by now. The
recorded files are VBR and the Rockbox recorder doesn't (yet) generate a
   VBR header (Xing or VBRI). Thus, the playback code can't see that it
is a VBR file and calculates the time based on the file size in bytes,
which will of course be wrong.

> And now a suggestion, it is great to have one touch recording,
> but, I wonder if it is poss to have something like a memo mode, so one can

Please file a feature request for that.

/Linus