Subject: Re: Xing headers optional? Re: Record bug?
From: langhaarrocker (phil_at_x-phobie.de)
Date: 2003-01-17

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:15:55 +0100, Linus Nielsen Feltzing
<linus_at_haxx.se> wrote:

>Read my reply again. The _recording function_ will allocate space in the
>file. If you try this on a file where there is no space, the file must
>be copied.

That's what I assumed.

I think that copying a large file is an operation that should be
avoided on a battery operated system - if possible.

What about some really evil file operation that:
1) allocates a new cluster on the hd
2) fills the cluster with a header and dummy filler data
3) relink this cluster in the FAT with the mp3 file

That's a job I wouldn't like to do. Too much hardcore file system
programming which I have no clue of.

Phil