Subject: Re: Bookmark Files
From: Björn Stenberg (bjorn_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-01-17

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Then convince me. I think your solution is way too complex and confusing.

After discussions on IRC, here's my updated opinion:

- Resume is left alone. This is mostly about semantics, but that is important too. Bookmarks are bookmarks, resume is resume. Keep them separated to avoid confusion.

- If Auto Bookmark is enabled, a bookmark is stored every time STOP is pressed in WPS. This auto bookmark is tagged specially and subsequent auto-bookmarks overwrite previous auto marks in the .bmark file.

- If Auto Bookmark is enabled, the .bmark file is read when you play an .mp3 or .m3u, asking if you want to start at the auto bookmark. If auto bookmark is disabled, the file/playlist starts from the beginning as normal.

- Normally, bookmarks are handled as I described them: You create them with a button combination, and you go to them by either playing the .bmark file or selecting the Go To Bookmark button/menu option while playing a file/playlist.

--
Björn