Subject: Re: strange charging
From: Scrambler (
Date: 2003-01-18

I've seen some strange battery levels too. Like when
the USB is connected, then disconnected. The batery
level reads very low. I turn it off, then back on,
then sometimes it's high. But when I turn it on, and
it's low, I check out the Info menu, and every minute
or so It'll go up a notch for quite a while.

--- Bryce Benton <> wrote:
> i'll test it the way you mentioned when i drive home
> for lunch in about 4
> hours.
> this morning, on the way in to work, i turned on the
> rockbox, and noted
> that the charge was at 47. then i turned the jbr
> off, in order to see if it
> would charge when the unit was turned off.
> (actually, i forgot to turn on
> the charger until i was about a minute or two away
> from work.)
> so it was plugged in and "charging" (i guess) for
> about a minute or two,
> not more. there was no charging icon nor automatic
> powerup. then when i got
> to work, i turned the jbr back on and the charge
> said 55 and then went up
> to 56 not long after that (i didn't plug it into
> anything). now, after
> having been at work for about 10 minutes, the charge
> reads 60 (i still
> haven't plugged it into anything, nor used it,
> except to turn it on... i
> haven't played any music nor browsed into any dirs).
> could it be that the lighter socket charger's plug
> is not deep enough? it's
> very loose and falls out easily if bumped.
> as i mentioned above, i'll test it in a few hours
> and send the results.
> thank you very much.
> --bryce

Do you Yahoo!?