Subject: Your work is not unappreciated...
From: Warren 'Llama' Ernst (
Date: 2003-01-18

I just wanted to give all you programmers a big "thank you." I only have
a puny 64meg RAM based player, and was in the market for something more
substantial. Though the iPod sure is nice, its reliance on FireWire, its
lame copy protection scheme, its battery issues, and its cost made it
less attactive.

The Archos Jukebox 20 seemed like just the ticket, but it didn't seem
full featured in other areas. I got wind of RockBox via comments on
Cnet, and after reading the FAQ a few times and lurking on this
messageboard, I just ordered one yesterday. Again, just to use RockBox.

Though my 6502 assembly and FORTRAN skills can't possibly be of
assistance to the RockBox project, I just wanted to let you people know
that basically, I bought my Archos just to run RockBox (and to play
music, of course. heh.)