Subject: Re: Question on loadable fonts for the 5000

Re: Question on loadable fonts for the 5000

From: Kjell Ericson <Kjell.Ericson_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:24:32 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Ben wrote:

> http://rockbox.haxx.se/ - on top it says 2003-01-10: Full ISO-8859-1 font
> support added for Players, using the Rocklatin1 dynamic charset system. It
> now says so on the features page as well. Am I wrong in thinking this is
> what allows you to change fonts?

Yes, you are wrong.

...mostly at least :-)

http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/rocklatin.html

The Rocklatin1 implementation is based on the hardware character set in the
two Player models. You can only define 4 or 8 own characters at a time, so
unless you are satisfied with only seeing 4/8 character in the display then
it is impossible.

  // Kjell