Subject: Re: buffer underrun cont.
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-01-18

Hello gerald,

gerald clark schrieb am Samstag, 18. Januar 2003, 14:14:36:

gc> The patch makes the dma transfer smaller so that the watermark
gc> can get checked more often.
gc> With low bitrate mp3s, watermark can get below the dma transfer size.
gc> Perhaps this will help in your case too?

Thanks for the patch!

But it happens that there is a pause where I cannot here music in the
first seconds when the buffer is filled up. The difference is now that
there's only a pause, that means the music comes back (after 0,5 s or
so). Or at least it comes back most of the times I try this.
Before, it was more frequently that it was quiet the whole time until
the next disk-spin-up (and the buffer was filled).

Any additional ideas? ;-)

Bye.