Subject: Size problems during build
From: Magnus Holmgren (
Date: 2003-01-19

While working on a new feature for Rockbox, I encountered a strange
problem: the new (player) build refused to load. I finally managed
figure out that some of my code caused the resulting archos.bin to not
be an even multiple of 4 bytes long (am I really the first one to
encounter this?). In my particular case, archos.bin was an odd number of
bytes long (I could make the size an even number of bytes, but not a
multiple of 4 bytes for some reason)...

One solution is to add the following to the end of the .rodata "section"
in the linker scripts:

   . = ALIGN(0x4);

Another would be to make scramble add the needed filler bytes. I guess
this would be a safer solution...

(Btw, Bj÷rn, this is the problem I talked to you about on IRC...)

This also made me notice a small bug in ROLO: rolo_error doesn't wait
for the error to be shown. I suspect the key release event makes
"button_get(true);" pretty much useless... :)

Magnus Holmgren