Subject: Re: Linux driver
From: Peter Nome (peter_at_cogweb.net)
Date: 2003-01-21

Final report from the Linux front

I downloaded the "bleeding-edge build" for the recorder from this afternoon
(2003-01-20 16:20:00) and copied it to the archos. I haven't tested the
functionality much, but I can report that hotswapping works! I can now boot the
computer without having the archos attached, attach it and mount it, unmount it and
detach it, and then reattach it. Great!

It's very useful to be able to attach and remove the device using a computer that's
already running. I actually didn't test if this worked without the Rockbox, but it
sure works with. When I was using the default driver, I got "device busy" and it
wouldn't unmount. Might be a fluke, or not.

Thanks for all the GOOD WORK!!! Wow.

Cheers,
Peter