Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:31:15 +0100

Benjamin wrote:
> (there is still a blip at about 5 minute intervals).

There should be no blips at all. Settings are only written to disk when the disk is accessed for another reason, never just for writing settings. (The only exception is on players when you press pause in wps.)

> I'm not completely sure that I'm not writing
> over any existing stored variable as I just grabbed two addresses
> that weren't assigned.
> [...]
> config_block[0x13] = (unsigned char)global_settings.autocreatebookmark;
> config_block[0x15] = (unsigned char)global_settings.autoloadbookmark;

You are corrupting the resume data. Look at the top of the apps/settings.c file:

0x12 0x26 <(int) Resume playlist index, or -1 if no playlist resume>

Note the (int), which means this value occupies four bytes: 0x12 - 0x15.

You should use an address at the upper range of the config block. 0xAF is free at the moment. Also, save flags as one bit each, not a whole byte.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to read and comment on your patch properly (or anyone else's). I'm currently suffering a serious shortage of spare time.

--
Björn