Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware
From: Vincent Kargatis (lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr)
Date: 2003-01-22

> I've gone ahead and posted a precompiled firmware with bookmarking at:
> http://www.samuraipanda.com/bookmarks.zip
>
> Please read the included bookmark.txt file befor using the firmware
> as that explains the concepts and lists some usage guidelines.

I'm trying this now. The auto-bookmark works, but during play, I'm
seeing regular short blips of the red light - is that disk access? Why
is there so much - doesn't that eat the battery excessively? I have my
options as default: auto-bookmark = yes, auto-load = ask. It's not
obvious why having auto-bookmark set (which should only change behavior
on OFF) should require frequent periodic disk writes.

Or is this related to a different issue associated with the particular
build you used?

--
Vincent Kargatis
np: Dizzy Gillespie - "Stay on It"  (Complete RCA Victor Recordings)