Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware
From: Benjamin (
Date: 2003-01-22

See, this is what happens when I do things wrong :-). Anyway, it
looks like that was the problem. I re-wrote the code to use the
built in memory for storage and now I'm not seeing the same consistant
blip (there is still a blip at about 5 minute intervals). Anyway,
I'm not sure if I'm writing the memory correctly, but the settings
seem to be preserved. I'm not completely sure that I'm not writing
over any existing stored variable as I just grabbed two addresses
that weren't assigned.

Below is the code snippet from settings_save():

config_block[0x13] = (unsigned char)global_settings.autocreatebookmark;
config_block[0x15] = (unsigned char)global_settings.autoloadbookmark;

and from settings_load():
if(config_block[0x13] != 0xFF)
    global_settings.autocreatebookmark = config_block[0x13];
if(config_block[0x15] != 0xFF)
    global_settings.autoloadbookmark = config_block[0x15];

I also recomiple it with this and posted it to:

Can anyone know why I wouldn't be able to uses these addresses?