Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

From: Vincent Kargatis <lartis_at_ath.forthnet.gr>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 13:44:53 +0200

> The blips I am seeing are during playback. I don't think this has
> to do with settings being save, but instead "normal" disk access
> when playing an MP3 (I assume Rockbox doesn't load the entire MP3
> into memory). Either way, it's happening briefly about once ever
> 3 minutes.

Are you distinguishing this from normal buffer-fill disk reads? I mean,
definitely, you should see regular disk-reads, as the buffer is
exhausted.

> I went ahead and modified the code to use 0xAF. Seems to work fine.
> I've posted the updated diff. I've also updated the compiled version
> at www.samuraipanda.com/bookmarks.zip.

This version seems to be working well. Thanks! I haven't tested all
possible use cases yet, just the basics, which are looking good, and
finally allow one to bounce from playlist to playlist without losing
place in any of them!

There might be some tricky collisions between bookmarks and queued
files - have you thought about this? E.g., what happens when you have
auto on, and you press OFF while playing a queued file, which isn't
actually in the playlist file? (I haven't tried this yet, since queue
isn't in the bookmark build, but it occurs to me it might be
problematic, or at least not intuitive.)

Anyway, thanks for your work here, with this I actually have no more
strongly desired functions I'm waiting for! I look forward to seeing it
accepted into the builds.
--
Vincent Kargatis
np: John Zorn (w Blegvad, Marclay) - "Juan Talks it out of his Sys.."