Subject: Re[2]: Word Wrap text viewer

Re[2]: Word Wrap text viewer

From: Eric Linenberg <elinenbe_at_umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:00:28 -0500

A patch that looks like this is better than the current setup (at
least for some of us)

Submit it.

Thanks,
Eric

inc> Hi,

inc> I'm the one who came up with the initial implementation of
inc> the text viewer. A few people requested the word-wrap option but
inc> it is not as simple as is sounds because we do not actually store
inc> the whole file in memory but only a 1 or 2k buffer.

inc> I spent a little time trying to implement this option but
inc> didn't submit a patch because I was not really hapy with the
inc> result. The problem in my implementation was that the wrap point
inc> was not allways constant.

inc> eg: The line
inc> This is a sample line
inc> would wrap in
inc> This is a sample
inc> line
inc> while scrolling down,
inc> This
inc> is a sample line
inc> while scrolling up.

inc> I probably still have the code for that so if you think
inc> this behaviour is acceptable I can submit a patch.

inc> gilles.

>> Hi,
>>
>> I was wondering if this feature (word wrap for the text viewer) has been
>> already discussed here.
>>
>> Would it be hard to implement ?
>>
>> henri

inc> MESSAGE PROMOTIONNEL

inc> HOROSCOPE
inc> Travail, argent, rencontres... Les astres vous répondent !
inc> Retrouvez votre horoscope personnalisé au 0 892 02 61 60 (0,34 €/mn).
inc> http://www.europe1.fr/communiquer/mobiles/aud_horoscope.jsp