Subject: next HW-mod: CF adapter for AJB

next HW-mod: CF adapter for AJB

From: Matthias Wächter <matthias_at_waechter.wiz.at>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:38:13 +0100 (CET)

Does anyone have a clue where to buy a CF slot? I mean, just the slot with
the pins so you can solder around as you like. Appearantly, Conrad doesn't
have such.

If I had one I could mount a ~50 pin connector to my archos, and whenever
I want to transfer data from my CF card to the archos I connect the
CF-to-~50-pin-connector adapter with inserted CF card to it.

Of course, when the hardware is done and ready the next step is an update
of the firmware to support a second hard disk/flash drive and some kind of
copy operation.

I think it's a hard approach to go over USB for such an application -
coupling the IDE interface is already the best way of connecting an IDE
compatible memory card like CF is.

Finally: Of course, with this option you can not only transfer images from
your beloved digital camera to your jukebox but you can also play songs
from the CF card. Let's see what additional ideas we will have for this.

Sehr Wus,
- Matthias

--
                    "To get control over people, make them trust you.
                                            To make people trust you