Subject: Re: Problems with settings in CVS build

Re: Problems with settings in CVS build

From: Bill Napier <napier_at_pobox.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 09:55:09 -0500

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:54:18 +0100, "Simon Elén" <simel346_at_student.liu.se> said:
> Bill Napier wrote:
>> I'm having problems with the global_settings in the current CVS
>> build. The big problem is that any changes I make to a setting is
>> ignored. On my recorder I have both the Volume and Battey displays
>> in the status bar set to "Graphic", but the status bar still shows
>> them as numeric. I can set the Time Format to be 12-hour, and yet
>> the time still displays as 24-hour time.

> I had this problem too, and it's fixed here now, but I unfortunately
> don't remember what exactly I did that fixed it :-/ Did you try
> manually resetting from the system settings menu?

I tried that hoping that it would clear up my problems, but it
didn't. :( I think that is what is happening anyway the first time I
load the build. Since the version number stored in my recorder
doesn't match the version number the software is expecting, it throws
out all the stored settings and reverts to the default values. But my
interpretation of the code is that the "Graphic" display is the
default value!

> Also, here it wasn't *any* setting, but just a few of them,
> including the volume and battery displays. Contrast and volume
> level, for example, still worked and even remained after reboot.

Yeah. That's exactly what is happening here. After I first install
the new build, the contrast is wrong (goes back to default settings)
and I can fix it and it stays fixed. But some of the settings that I
change (The ones we have both mentioned for example) just plain don't
work.

I'm still pouring over the code to see if I can see what's going wrong
here. I'll let you know if I figure out what the problem is (and help
in this matter is greatly appreciated if you have any insight).

bill

--
This message brought to you by the letters G,N,U and S.