Subject: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Condenser Mic / Preamp
From: Björn Stenberg (
Date: 2003-01-22

----- Forwarded message from "Bob D." <> -----

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:57:26 -0500
From: "Bob D." <>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Condenser Mic / Preamp

Hello Björn and group,

I have used a cheap and small Sun mono mic to make general recordings that
sound good. The mic is Sun # 370-1678-01. I bought it eBay (new) for use
with my SPARC machine for US $2.00 I don't need quality recordings, I just
need to be able to capture what is said in the meetings for record purposes,
this does not fit everyone's situation I know.

I would like to comment that using the OFF button to end recordings has
given me some trouble. I would like to see another button used to
Start/Pause/Stop recording. I was recording some meeting minutes and had an
hours worth recorded, we took a 15 minute break so I decided to stop
recording during that time. When I hit the OFF button I apparently held it
down just a little too long and ended up turning the recorder off. When this
happened RockBox did not save the file ( did but with a zero file
length) and I lost the whole hour of meeting minutes :-(

Other than that recording has worked well for me using RockBox version
030110-1723 (other than the HD noise, which is present during writes to disk
even when using the external mic).

----- End forwarded message -----