Subject: Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

Re: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware

From: Chad <rockbox_at_thelockwoods.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:12:03 -0800

On Thursday 23 January 2003 03:44 am, Vincent Kargatis wrote:
> > The blips I am seeing are during playback. I don't think this has
> > to do with settings being save, but instead "normal" disk access
> > when playing an MP3 (I assume Rockbox doesn't load the entire MP3
> > into memory). Either way, it's happening briefly about once ever
> > 3 minutes.
>
> Are you distinguishing this from normal buffer-fill disk reads? I mean,
> definitely, you should see regular disk-reads, as the buffer is
> exhausted.
>
> > I went ahead and modified the code to use 0xAF. Seems to work fine.
> > I've posted the updated diff. I've also updated the compiled version
> > at www.samuraipanda.com/bookmarks.zip.
>
> This version seems to be working well. Thanks! I haven't tested all
> possible use cases yet, just the basics, which are looking good, and
> finally allow one to bounce from playlist to playlist without losing
> place in any of them!
>
> There might be some tricky collisions between bookmarks and queued
> files - have you thought about this? E.g., what happens when you have
> auto on, and you press OFF while playing a queued file, which isn't
> actually in the playlist file? (I haven't tried this yet, since queue
> isn't in the bookmark build, but it occurs to me it might be
> problematic, or at least not intuitive.)
>
> Anyway, thanks for your work here, with this I actually have no more
> strongly desired functions I'm waiting for! I look forward to seeing it
> accepted into the builds.

I also had excess disk activity ie not spinning down when it should, with the
previous build, killed the batts right quick. The latest build seems to work
just fine. This is an excelent feature hope to see it merged into the CVS
very soon so i can compile without games and get my buffer back :-).
PS Is there any known problem patching this against the daily CVS.
Thanks
--
Chad