Subject: RE: HDD upgrade - my experiences

RE: HDD upgrade - my experiences

From: Leif Sawyer <lsawyer_at_gci.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 10:37:28 -0900

on Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 01:03, Peter König wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> Yesterday I updated my Archos recorder with this drive:
> Hitachi DK23EA-40
> [...]

Yesterday must have been a good day for upgrade, because I also
performed an HD upgrade, using the Toshiba MK6021GAS (recommended
on DevZero's website (http://rockbox.my-vserver.de/hdd-mod.html)

The links on the RockBox website were great! It was extremely easy
to perform the upgrade on my JBR20 with the pictorals.

I ended up using my linux box to partition and format the FAT32
partition,
ending up with 55Gb of usable space. Now I finally have enough room
for my entire CD collection at VBR128-192. (previously it would only
fit encoded at 64k. :-( )

And of course, using the RockBox firmware makes it that much more
pleasureable!

Thanks everybody!

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s