Subject: Re: Use SLEEP instruction for longer (?) runtime
From: Simon ElÚn (
Date: 2003-01-22

Andrew Jamieson wrote:
> Yep. About 10mA on the nose, and this difference is true both whilst
> playing music and idle. I'd be interested to see what the difference
> was without the busy LED.

For a theoretical saving of max 20 mA and the simplest possible
implementation, that's still quite good. What Archos model are you testing

I've posted new firmware at that doesn't
fiddle with the LED. I assumed it would be insignificant in comparison to
the CPU:s power consumption, but now I see figures like 5 mA being mentioned
in other threads...

Simon ElÚn