Subject: Problems with settings in CVS build
From: Bill Napier (napier_at_pobox.com)
Date: 2003-01-22

I'm having problems with the global_settings in the current CVS
build. The big problem is that any changes I make to a setting is
ignored. On my recorder I have both the Volume and Battey displays in
the status bar set to "Graphic", but the status bar still shows them
as numeric. I can set the Time Format to be 12-hour, and yet the time
still displays as 24-hour time.

I went back in time through CVS and kept doing builds until I got one
that no longer exhibited this problem and I found that I could check
out 01/08/03 and it would work. But if I checked out 01/09/00, it no
longer works. I think it may have something to do with the new
version of the config block (the new version number was incremented
about that time and I lose all my settings when I got from 01/08 to
01/09), but I'm not sure of the specifics. Anybody have any hints as
to what is going on?

Thanks,

bill

--