Subject: Re: Problems with settings in CVS build
From: Simon ElÚn (
Date: 2003-01-22

Bill Napier wrote:
> I'm having problems with the global_settings in the current CVS
> build. The big problem is that any changes I make to a setting is
> ignored. On my recorder I have both the Volume and Battey displays in
> the status bar set to "Graphic", but the status bar still shows them
> as numeric. I can set the Time Format to be 12-hour, and yet the time
> still displays as 24-hour time.

I had this problem too, and it's fixed here now, but I unfortunately don't
remember what exactly I did that fixed it :-/
Did you try manually resetting from the system settings menu?

Also, here it wasn't *any* setting, but just a few of them, including the
volume and battery displays. Contrast and volume level, for example, still
worked and even remained after reboot.

> I think it may have something to do with the new
> version of the config block

Simon ElÚn