Subject: Re: Preliminary support for Recorder FM - volunteers needed to test.

Re: Preliminary support for Recorder FM - volunteers needed to test.

From: Fred <speed-up_at_fr.st>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 19:58:34 +0100

Hello ;)

I'm Fred, living in France, and newly discovered RoxBox since the poor
quality of the standard firmware made me look for another. Your project
seems to be great, and I'd first of all thank you for the grat job you've
done !

So I got a Jukebox FM Recorder 20Gb, and I'm very excited about the port of
RockBox's firmware to this new model. But when I load it to my Jukebox, it
simply boots up and crashes when the boot status bar reached about 50% : I
can see the RoxBox screen for a quick second, and it powers down.

I know there are still lots of bugs, and the dev has just begun, but I've
seen some people could at least boot up their devices with this new rom. I'd
like to know if it's normal that my recorder doesn't even boot up (I'm using
the latest CVS version, actually archos20030123.ajz), and how far the dev is
for now.

And if I can help you as a tester, I've got a Sony digital cam, and I'm
impatient to see the first working version of the firmware to come out :-D
So is there some kind of debug-rom, or a beta-test-workaround ? How can I
become a tester, and what do I need to do so ?

Thank you again ;)

-- Fred --

PS : Just another question : do we need to defrag the Archos' HDD ?