Rockbox mail archive
Subject: HDD upgrade - my experiences
From: Peter König (www.access_at_my-mail.ch)
Yesterday I updated my Archos recorder with this drive:
40.0 GB 2.5" IDE HDD-ATA5-4200U/Min-13mS-9.5mm/2048 KB Cache
available in germany at http://www.berger-daten.de for approx. 147
the drive is very silent and fast. a good choice I think.
at this place they have also a neat usb-case
(http://www.datafab.com/products/data/MD2-USB.htm) for approx. 21
Euro where you can put your old drive. this way you get a cool
external hdd for backup and stuff.
How I did partioning/formatting:
1. replaced my old notebook hdd with the new one for the archos
2. since Award BIOS 4.xx can't recognize drives > 30 GB, I turned off
"auto"-recognition of drives in the BIOS and switched it to "none"
3. boot from floppy using the hitachi/ontrack "diskmanager"-disk
(http://www.hgst.com/hdd/support/download.htm#diskmgr2k DL the
4. partion and format the drive using "advance options"
5. changed the drives again and changed the BIOS settings back the
way they were
6. put the new drive in its place but don't fully reassemble it yet!
check the functions and booting the rockbox firmware first.
Dieses E-Mail wurde kostenlos über http://www.my-mail.ch verschickt.
Günstig fliegen - keine Glücksache! 100'000 Flugtarife online - http://www.flugshop.ch
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew