Subject: Re: FM Recorder, Interesting notes

Re: FM Recorder, Interesting notes

From: Ludovic LANGE <llange_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:17:28 +0100 (CET)

Justin,

Let me insist... I only have the FM recorder. You must wait more than 5 seconds
(may be more than 10s)

Quoting the doc,
http://www.archos.com/download/manuals/EN/EN_JBFM_manual_v11.pdf , page 30 :
"6.4 Emergency Master Reset
· If at any time the Jukebox is completely stuck or frozen (no buttons work to
get you back to browser
mode) you can hold the “Off” button for 5 seconds and it will do a hardware
reset of the Jukebox."

It did work for me, many time, when I had crashed the OS, and the OS at this
time was RockBox, the buttons weren't correctly configured, so it must be
hardware controlled.

Alternatively, you can (without a screwdriver) gently take the little
rectangular plastic part apart, on the top of the recorder, which connects
together the two parts of the battery. It will stop the current and thus stop
the CPU.

Ludovic.