Subject: RE: HDD upgrade - my experiences
From: Leif Sawyer (
Date: 2003-01-23

on Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 01:03, Peter König wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> Yesterday I updated my Archos recorder with this drive:
> Hitachi DK23EA-40
> [...]

Yesterday must have been a good day for upgrade, because I also
performed an HD upgrade, using the Toshiba MK6021GAS (recommended
on DevZero's website (

The links on the RockBox website were great! It was extremely easy
to perform the upgrade on my JBR20 with the pictorals.

I ended up using my linux box to partition and format the FAT32
ending up with 55Gb of usable space. Now I finally have enough room
for my entire CD collection at VBR128-192. (previously it would only
fit encoded at 64k. :-( )

And of course, using the RockBox firmware makes it that much more

Thanks everybody!

  • application/x-pkcs7-signature attachment: smime.p7s