Subject: Re[2]: Compiled Bookmarks Firmware
From: Eric Linenberg (elinenbe_at_umich.edu)
Date: 2003-01-23

I have been playing around with the bookmark functionality and there
are some ideas that I think will make it quite a bit better (and in
some cases just nicer).

--I am all for centralized bookmarks, but that is a matter of opinion
(maybe an option for this?)

--The functions "Create Bookmark" and "Load bookmark" should be in a
quick menu, like a hold of F1 or in the F2/F3 quick menu.

--The menu item "Auto-Load" should be called "Auto-Load Bookmarks"

--A .bmark file icon would be nice.

--It would be nice if the filename was used instead of the ID3 title tag for
the internal bookmark name. This may just be a matter of preference,
but I think with a file base jukebox (as compared to a tag based
jukebox like the ipod) filenames are usually in better order.

--The bookmark file should save the play state of the player
(shuffle,repeat,etc.) and load these up with the bookmark. I like
listening to music in shuffle, but I hate to listen to chapters of
audiobooks in shuffle.

Otherwise, it is looking very nice so far. I do like the features.

-eric