Subject: Charge from the USB or not

Charge from the USB or not

From: Joaquim Carvalho <jdc_at_x64.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 15:26:32 +0000

I no longer think it's a good idea to mod the archos for
usb charging since it is locked in USB mode when the plug
is connected, but a simple Schotky diode to power the
device from USB might a good idea.

USB voltage is 5V, less the diode dropout at 300mA we have
around 4.8V which is around the nominal voltage for 4 NI-MH
batteries - not all current would come from USB but some
some battery power would be saved...

It might enable us to go to a friend's house for a few hours
MP3 up/download without running out of batteries.