Subject: Re[2]: real vaules: 8 MB version has 15-30% longer runtime!
From: Uwe Freese (mail_at_uwe-freese.de)
Date: 2003-01-24

Hello Björn,

Björn Stenberg wrote on Friday, January 24, 2003, 1:57:31 PM:

BS> Uwe Freese wrote:
>> www.uwe-freese.de/rockbox/hdd_activity.gif

BS> It says "hdd works for about 9 seconds here for filling the buffer (1.72MB)".

BS> Is that 1.72 MB really correct? Seems like an awful long time.

Hm, I recalculated how long this period is in my chart, but it really
seems that the complete activity is 9 seconds (Hitachi DK-20 or what
it's called). If you want to check this, you could display something in
the debug menu when the first command to spin up the drive and the
ATA_OFF command is sent to the disk.

Bye, Uwe.