Subject: Re: When will it be usable ?

Re: When will it be usable ?

From: SeeSchloss <seeschloss_at_zmail.pt>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 10:32:59 +0000

Well, when the charger is plugged, you can still start Rockbox,
juste press the ON key a few seconds.
And it could work without being plugged but something about the
battery has be changed in the code because the FM Recorder does
not use the same type of battery as the others and Rockbox
thinks that it is empty when you unplug the charger, so it
shuts off.

Oh and this morning the unit had been charged during the whole
night, and when I unplugged the charger, Rockbox didn't shut
off. The battery icon was full, the info said "100%". 10
minutes later I shut the unit off and I booted it again (always
unplugged) to see if it would work, but the battery was already
empty for Rockbox...

SeeSchloß

> How can you make it work when it's plugged ? If I plug it to
USB, it
> enters
> transfert mode and I can't use the Rockbox rom. If I plug the
charging
> cable, it's charging and I can't reach the RockBox rom
either ... how
> did
> you do that ?
> And ... are there some ideas of how to make it work without
be plugged
> or is
> it an unsolvable problem ? Did you find a solution to fix
this ?

> Fred
>
> "Peter De Lucia" <peter_at_dualice.net> a écrit dans le message
de news:
> 1758.192.168.1.1.1043550086.squirrel_at_www.dualice.net...
> Rockbox works great on my FM Recorder also (except for those
things
> mentioned below).
>
> > Rockbox works very well on my FM Recorder (well, I tried it
for one
> day
> > now) except that the unit must be pluged to the charger and
that the
> > backlight only lights when the disk is spinning up
(strange ?). Oh
> and
> > of course the FM isn't implemented yet. But recording and
games work
> > very well on the latest daily (archos20030125).
> >
> > And my model is european.
> >

> > SeeSchloß
> >

> >>How is the developement of the RockBox FM Recorder firmware
going ?
> For
> >> now, it isn't even booting on my device, and if I'm right
in
> thinking
> >> Archos delivers standard hardware, it isn't working on any
device
> >>Are you in simulator-testing-stage, so that the rom doesn't
work on
> >> real harware for now ? Or is my model wrong, having a
problem or
> would
> >> be european-specific ? I'm very excited about testing the
Rockbox
> >> firmware on my Jukebox, so I'd like to know when you are
intended to
> >> release a --quite-- usable (I mean at least bootable) rom
for my
> kind
> >> of hardware or do you need some other testing delays ?
What's wrong
> >> with my device that it doesn't boot with the FM Recorder
CVS-built
> >> firmware ? I've seen there should be some battery issues :
is this