Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: Wakeup timer suggestion.
From: langhaarrocker (phil_at_x-phobie.de)
On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 21:35:46 -0600, gerald clark
>I have been thinking of making the wakeup timer mod.
>To be really useful, though, the wakeup timer shutdown
>should be triggerable by the sleep timer.
>This would allow you to set the JBR to turn off in an hour,
>and start back up at 7:00.
>Then you could go to sleep and wake up to your favorite music.
I think that all these wake-up / sleep-timer stuff should be unified
in a calendar/scheduler application. In this application you should be
able to trigger various _commands_ by various different _events_.
commands would be something like
- play a song / list / bookmark / settings file
- file operations (eg.: delete the content of a tmp dir)
events would be something like
- relative time (like "in 15 minutes")
- absolute time (like "at 8:15 23.02.2003")
- scheduled time (like "every Monday at 22:10")
- time relative to an event
(like "15 minutes after boot",
"20 minutes after last key-press",
"5 minutes after last track change", etc)
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew