Subject: RE: Symlinks on Archos

RE: Symlinks on Archos

From: <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:51:36 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se [mailto:owner-rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se]On
Behalf Of Sweth Chandramouli
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 4:47 PM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

        I've run into this problem, too, and while symlinks would
help with that, I've found that the DB answer is the only one that ever
makes anal people like myself (and, it seems, Tom) happy. :) While I'd
love something like that in Rockbox, however, I'm not going to hold my
breath.
-----End Original Message-----

I'm working on a SQL database schema as we speak -- it's rather difficult,
frankly, to capture all the possible permutations, and it's got a number of
recursive patterns that don't map well onto (SQL) databases. As for putting
on the Archos, I've taken a few cursory looks at embedded database(-like)
servers, which may suit my needs. I do need a better idea of the Archos's
carrying capacity, however.