Subject: Re: Re[2]: Use SLEEP instruction for longer (?) runtime
From: Simon ElÚn (simel346_at_student.liu.se)
Date: 2003-01-25

Uwe Freese wrote:
> Is it possible to write code like this:
>
> set_alarm(time);
> CPU_STANDBY();
> lcdout('now I'm on');
>
> and add it to the code that currently shuts down the device
> in apps/alarm_menu.c? Maybe the CPU stops execution after
> CPU_STANDBY and wakes up because of the alarm? Or am I thinking too
> simple?

It seems the alarm function can only cause an ordinary interrupt in a
unmodified recorder, and we need either an NMI or a RESET in order to leave
standby. We can ask the watchdog timer to send a RESET after 2 minutes,
which should be seldom enough to consume as little power as if we were in
standby the whole time.

--
Simon ElÚn