Subject: Windows audio "pass-through"

Windows audio "pass-through"

From: Sweth Chandramouli <rockbox_at_astaroth.sweth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 19:42:04 -0500

        Hmm... I feel odd that all of my posts to this list aren't
about Rockbox per se, but that's because for the most part Rockbox just
works, whereas I can't seem to find any useful info about the Archos or
Windows media anywhere else. So let me know if these sorts of questions
are inappropriate for the list.

        Anyway. I'm looking for a way to play music from my
Archos through the speakers on my (Windows, unfortunately) PC at work.
Because of how much power the USB connection uses, I'd rather not mount
the Archos and play music off of it that way; I'd rather connect the
analog out from the Archos to the audio in of the PC, and just have
some app do a "pass-through" of the signal to the speakers. But I
can't find any app that does that, other than the Windows "Sound
Recorder" accessory, which also then burns CPU and disk space by
actually recording the music to disk. Anyone know of a nice lightweight
Windows app that can do what I want?

        Thanks,

        Sweth.

--
Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
svc_at_idiopathic.net      http://www.idiopathic.net/