Subject: Re: Windows audio "pass-through"

Re: Windows audio "pass-through"

From: roland <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 02:07:47 +0100

Hi Sweth,

> can't find any app that does that, other than the Windows "Sound
> Recorder" accessory, which also then burns CPU and disk space by
> actually recording the music to disk. Anyone know of a nice lightweight
> Windows app that can do what I want?
mhhh - as far as I can remember, for me this just "works" - I can route
Line In to Line Out without starting extra app.
I have soundblaster live inside my PC.
So this could depend on the model of soundcard you have (or it depents on
implementation
of the driver)
there are LOTS of sound recording applications which are better than windows
sound recorder(it`s crap!!). I think most of them should do what you need,
without actually writing
data to disk.
Perhaps you try to fiddle around with some
windoze-standard-mixer-replacement tools and
have luck with one of them.

regards
ROland