Subject: Re: RTC-Mod and 8-MB Mod.

Re: RTC-Mod and 8-MB Mod.

From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:45:52 +0100

Hello Dario,

Dario Carluccio wrote on Tuesday, January 28, 2003, 1:36:31 PM:

DC> So it would be perfect to make a Wake-Up Setting such as:

DC> Wakeup-Timer: off(0) / once(1) / ever(-1) (alternative a counter)
DC> 0 / 1 / -1 / 2-99
DC> Wakeup-Time: hh:mm (time)
DC> Wakeup-Action: /songs/song1.mp3 (one Song, maybe repeat) or
DC> /lists/wakeup.m3u (a Playlist) or
DC> /albums/ramones/locolive/ (all MP3 in dir)
DC> Wakeup-Volume: 00-99 (Volume)

DC> ,----- [ Archos is turned off ]
DC> |
DC> | IF Wakeup-Timer not 0
DC> | {
DC> | IF Wakeup-Timer <> -1
DC> | {
DC> | Wakeup-Timer = Wakeup-Timer - 1
DC> | }
DC> | Set Volume = Wakeup-Volume
DC> | Set ActualSong/List/Dir = Wakeup-Action
DC> | Set RTC = Wakeup-Time
DC> | Shutdown Jukebox
DC> | }
DC> '-----

DC> Is this possible?

Yes, of course! ;-)

Only somebody has to do it.. And I think I'm pretty happy with the
simple alarm function.

So if you want to implement a first try of such code that decides what
to do, go ahead.

I think another thread that reads in this new cfg and which checks if
something is to do every minute (or a function that's called every
minute from somewhere) is best. Then it doesn't be of interest if the
device already runs (for users without alarm mod), was switched on
manually or by alarm.

Bye, Uwe.