Subject: Re[2]: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

Re[2]: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

From: Eric Linenberg <elinenbe_at_umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:59:11 -0500

There are a number of new features coming down the pipeline that I can
think of off hand...

browsing through wps/cfg/fnt/ajz files in the menus
bookmarking
playlist editor, new playlist code
file modification (deleting files/folders, renaming files/folders)
and others...

and all I can think of is how the interface is becoming quite a mess.

Currently (on the recorder this is) we have:

F1 to get to the menu
F2 to go to playmodes
F3 to do diplay modes

F1+DOWN keylock on/off
F1+PLAY mute on/off
F1+ON ID3 tag screen (with many tags missing)

ON browse songs
HOLD ON change pitch

ON to browse, and then ON+PLAY to queue

ON+PLAY while browsing (ON) to queue or file operations

So many of these features are becoming harder to get to and more
hidden, I think that there needs to be a UI cleanup before anything
else is added in. Personally I love every feature that has been added
in, and I look forward to many, many more, but if something is not
done soon, I think everything will get entirely out of hand.

-eric