Subject: RE: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

RE: Rockbox 2.0 Feature Freeze

From: Holger Lembke <holger_at_hlembke.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:43:37 +0100

> > - the use of f2 and f3 is a waste
>
> Why?

Because one button opens a 3-item menu and the other a 2-item menu.

> > and the german lang translations almost not readable.
>
> Fix?

Not possible/usefull with the current style. The buttom images desturb the
display, they clutter above the text.

> > why not a menu like set-up but no submenues. just a simple
> 'toggle menu'?
>
> I don't understand. Care to elaborate?

Just the same like the settings

 Shuffle mode: ON
 Repeat mode: All
 Show files: All
 Scrollbar: On
 Statusbar: On

Up/Down to select the topic you want to switch. Left/right to switch throu
the option modes (on, off, etc). F2 toggles on/off this menu.

This gives the benefit of being able to create more of such items by simply
adding one. And F3 is free for something else.

> > - the keys are way to sensitiv. I have the feeling that the
> wind can press
> > it
>
> I think they're fine for a 2.0.

Are or will be?

How (and where) is keyboard senitivity done?

> Well, I consider that one a bug and we can fix bugs fine. Send in your
> patches! ;-)

You told me on IRC, that all this will be redone. So I didn't start to do
anything in the current mess of buttons, symbolic button names and hard
codes button values.

One the other hand I think it needs a bigger redesign for the button styles
(the current bit-mask-thing for buttons sure needs a redesign). And for
sure I'm not the man to do such a thing. I always need to dring valerian
tea if i look at C-sources. And rockbox.c does raise the quantum. And the
bash with the hyper compiling slowness is the nail for my coffin.

> > directory and then the box starts playing recursing throu the folder.
> and I want to fly to the moon! ;-)

Its very lonely there. Some chinese will be there soon I heard. No Kazaa,
no power plug to recharge. I only see disadvantages in flying to the moon.

> Then we go back and starting piling up new features again.

I think we need to invent a voting system for the features. :-)

--
Holger Lembke    Keep your Mailbox SPAM free:
+49-531-334676   Disruptor OL http://hlembke.de/dol/