Subject: Re: [off-topic] flaming

Re: [off-topic] flaming

From: Bob <bob_at_simister.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:07:03 -0000

> Rockbox is a spare time project. Nobody signed a contract to develop
> something or develop something as quick as he can.
> I personally have fun to implement my ideas, work on the Rockbox source.
> If someone finds Rockbox bad, he can use the Archos firmware. Or add his
> ideas and better code to Rockbox, if the majority wants this
> code/functions. Or he can start a spin-off project (Rockbox is GPL) and
> write a (in his opinion) better firmware.

I am very excited by the RockBox project. I am new to Archos with the FM
recorder jukebox.

I don't really use it as a recorder and don't use the radio either. I went
for this model as it uses li-ion batteries which I think are better and
longer lasting than the older type of rechargeable.

I love the length of time the battery lasts when charged.

I cannot wait until RockBox firmware is a good replacement for Archos
firmware.

Bob