Subject: I have a little problem ...

I have a little problem ...

From: Brian <gcadidas13_at_columbus.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:09:19 -0500

I know that this is an email list for rockbox development, and i'm sorry, but i needed to get in hold of someone who would know. My archos recorder is 11 days old, and it has began emitting a highpitched noise from the unit and headphones after the hard drive spins down. I have noticed that this only happens when either the power is at less than or equal to about 50%. Also, discovered today to be happening at anywhere less than or equal to about 85% i can hear the arm moving inside the hard drive through the headphones very loudly. Both of these problems are eliminated no matter what the power supply level is when plugged into the wall. I narrow this down to either/both of the following: bad/damaged hard drive or not powerful enough batteries. I dont think its the hard drive unless it shipped bad in the first place. I have done nothing with it aside from walking with it in my pocket and listening on road trips. My batteries are 1500 mah and i dont have any other types to test with. These sounds happen in both rockbox and archos. What do you think the problem is?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Brian